Friday, November 12, 2010

Off Day and Things That Piss Me Off

I took the day off to do some filming for some exercise demonstration stuff we are trying to put together for the new trainers. I've gone over the Squat, Deadlift, Turkish Get-Up and many of their variations. Yesterday I was filming on how to utilize chains in training. Most CPTs here at the gym just drape a chain over the barbell and call it a day, without worrying about lockout height and ROM. So I was showing how to double and quadruple the chains and use a smaller gauge chain to adjust for the height.
I get through the Squat and Deadlift and move on to the Bench Press. As I'm in the middle of placing the chain on the collar some asshat walks in front of the camera and proceeds to stand there and watch. He says to me, "I want to watch what you are doing". That is all fine and dandy, but you just wasted film time. So, I had to throw on my professional face and say, "I'm sorry sir, but we are trying to film here."
Its just like the idiots that walk in front of cameras as someone is trying to take a family photo. Take others into consideration from time to time. I don't know about you, but I try to keep pretty aware of my surroundings as I'm walking around. It was pretty obvious that we were filming. There were probably 10 people in the room at the time and one of those people was standing behind a tripod. Call me bat-shit crazy, but I would assume someone is trying to shoot a video in this situation.

Later I'll post training for today. Going to work up to a 1RM on Power Press to see how my upper body is progressing.

1 comment: