Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dehydration, sorta PRs and Grinding Through Training

I woke up this morning with a huge headache and a wicked case of cottonmouth. So I downed a bunch of Gatorade and water and went on my way. Trained about 83 people today and finally got around to my own training. To sum it up, I didn't feel like doing a damn thing. I did as any other meathead would and sucked it up and just did it.

Incline Press
190x5 for 3 sets Rippetoe Style

3 Board press
worked up to 255 for 2
I would have called this a PR, but everything I'm doing for upper body is a PR. Now that the shoulder is healthy enough I'm trying to build strength, but take it real slow.

Bent-Over Rows
155x10 for 4 sets

Triceps Overhead Rope Extension
5x10

Lat Pulldown w/ towel for grip
5x8

2 comments:

  1. Matt, do you recommend keeping the overall amount of different exercises low? I'm doing whole body routines when I lift, about 9-10 different exercises. 3 sets each, weight for no more than 12,10,6-8 reps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your volume is probably too high. Pick two big exercises and do those first. Things like Good Mornings, Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Presses, Power Cleans, etc... Do them heavy and hard, like a 5x5 template. For the rest of the stuff do 5 sets of 10 and keep it to a few key compound movements. Try to stay away from too much isolation.

    ReplyDelete