Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PRs Two Days in a Row

Well I have been really busy trying to move back into Gainesville, so the blog has gone on the back burner for a while. Work has been kicking me in the teeth too. I have people wanting to come back and train with me, but I'm not sure if I have room. I've been trying to find the correct balance of training clients and taking care of both my Personal Training Team and my duties as Education Team Leader. To make it even better, I have a new intern coming in and I need to find time to make sure that I can devote enough time to her so that she can get the most out of the experience. I've got to suck it up, be a big boy and just get it done.

I've still been training and still been working my butt off trying to get everything ready for the upcoming Highland Games "season". I've been forgoing almost all accessory work to fit in time for throwing drills. I have been working mostly on footwork for the 28 and 56lb Weight For Distance throws and the Stone of Strength(like a shot-put). Here is how my past few days have broken down:

Monday: Deadlift
135x a few
225x5
315x5
405x3
455x3(Rep PR in itself)
495x1
525x1(PR)
I almost called it quits after pulling 495 as every other pull felt slow and way too heavy. Hell, 405 felt like it didn't want to budge, but I sucked it up and lifted anyway.

Footwork and Throwing Drills to finish the day


3 Board Press:
Bar x 5 or so
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x1(PR)
295x0 bombed
275 flew up faster than I expected, so I decided to go straight for 295. I flared my elbows too soon and stalled. Oh well, a PR is a PR.

Footwork and Throwing Drills to finish

I am feeling ready for the Central Florida Highland Games and I look forward to throwing a ton of PRs. My double spin is coming along well for the weights for distance and I have been throwing close to 60 feet in practice. I hit over 75 feet in the Hammer which would be a huge PR if I could make it translate to the Games.

Well, wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment