Sunday, January 30, 2011

Been a while

It has been one of the longer hiatuses I've taken from blogging since I started this blog back up.  It has been a crazy past week or two.  New intern, new hires, master level class and new hire orientation to plan and instruct.  I'll be instructing three classes this go 'round, The Anatomy of Training, Interval/Metabolic Training and Facility Orientation.  To be honest, the Facility Orientation is the most difficult to keep track of and remember everything.

The facility I work at is HUGE and I have to go over everything from the cold pool to the group ex. room to the free weights to the two Personal Training rooms.  The biggest challenge is going over all of the equipment in the Personal Training rooms.  Kettlebells, Macebells, dead and live medicine balls, bands, chains, blast straps, Vertimax, and ALL the other stuff that we have in the room.  Not to mention I have to go through and show them all how and why all these things work.  It is especially a challenge when the vast majority of these cats have never handled any of the non-traditional equipment.  I just have to make sure that they become proficient in the use of the stuff before they give it to their clients.

I went to the Hoggetown Medieval Faire yesterday with my wife, son and the in-laws.  I figured at least I'd get to see some good looking women in wench outfits or corsets.  Oh boy was I wrong!  I used to work with a guy that was into the DragonCons and ComicCons and all that stuff.  He used to talk about how these things and Ren. Faires had all these hot chicks in outfits.  I was lied to I tell you, lied to.  On the lighter side, it was fun.  Kaine and I shot some dude with a bow and arrows, we stared at weirdos that dressed up as God knows what and had nothing to do with medieval times, and watched dudes beat the ever-loving crap out of each other with foam weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment