Saturday, January 15, 2011

Writing My Own Programming

I'm sitting here trying to plan out my programming for the next few months.  Decisions, decisions, decisions...  Conjugate Method?  Block Periodization?  Hepburn A and B?  Westside Template? Wendler's 5/3/1? Or try my own blend of programming? 

I'm already very explosive and I don't feel like I get too much out of Dynamic Effort work, but I do feel speed work is needed.  Just not utilized as its own day during the week.  Over the past two months I haven't put all of my training on my blog because I've been experimenting a little bit.  Going back to a previous post, you have to stick with something for a considerable amount of time before you get to see the true results.  Well, you've seen some of the PR's I've put up in the Squat, Deadlift, and various presses, so the template I'm using is working.  Now, I just need to see if I continue to see more gains after a planned deload.  In a month or two I may write about the findings and the method. 

As it stands I'm pulling ideas from all over the place.  Just like everything else in this industry I'm sure it has been done before in some way, shape, or form.  I like all of the methods mentioned before, but some don't have enough explosiveness built in for the Highland Games, others are geared too much toward powerlifting to have too much crossover.  As I said before, I'm going to give it some time and post results later.

No comments:

Post a Comment