Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Learning Lessons the Hard Way and My Body Hating Me

It is officially day 3 of my deload week and I still feel like shit. I'm sore, I don't feel like eating and no matter matter how much sleep I get, I'm exhausted. Last night I felt like eating, but this was after going through the entire day of drinking nothing but water and an energy drink. So today I'm going to do some SMR and call it a day. If you have never used a Yamuna Ball for SMR you should. Just have someone run you through how to use it and it works better than a foam roll most of the time.

I am going to have to start putting deload weeks into my programming. This is the lesson I'm learning the hard way. It used to be that I'd only deload when I felt problems coming on, but this time I got hit with it out of nowhere. This past year has been a roller coaster with big highs and equally deep lows, but if I'm gonna push my body this way I have to suck it up and get it done.

Since it has been officially one year since I was able to start lifting heavy here is the progress

Squat: 225=>500 +275
Deadlift: 315=>505 +190
Power Press: 185=>275 +90 (without actually putting Power Presses in the programming)
Power Clean: 225=>285 +60 (without actually putting Power Cleans in the programming)
Power Snatch (insert joke here): ?=>225
Single Arm Snatch: 90=> 130x3

Not too shabby for one year and the back of a 100 year old woman

No comments:

Post a Comment