Goal setting is here again on "From the Mouth of Mallard". This weekend I am throwing at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival. Throwing in a Highland Games with chicks in corsets and wench dresses galavanting around- I'm all for it.
Here are my goals for the weekend:
1. I really want to hot 40' in the Open Stone. This has eluded me in the past and I feel I've got it this time.
2. 12'+ in the Weight Over Bar. 12' is my PR, so as long as I tie it I'm happy. I haven't had as much single arm Snatch work as I have in the past, so I'm not banking on much improvement.
3. Caber: I want to do away with all the 2:00 I've been getting. Hopefully my form work will have helped correct it.
4. Sheaf: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE SHEAF
5. 56# Weight For Distance: 27'+
6. 28# Weight For Distance: Still looking for 55'+. I've thrown over 57' in practice, but I seem to not be able to carry it over to the competition.
7. Hammer: I'm not wearing spikes this time as I need more practice with them. I'm looking to break 70'
8. Overall I want to see at least 3 PRs in these Games
That is what I expect out of myself for these Games. I'm gonna drive down to Tampa today and spend some time with my Dad's side of the family before I throw tomorrow. Should be fun...