Friday, March 25, 2011

Goals for This Weekend

Goal setting is here again on "From the Mouth of Mallard".  This weekend I am throwing at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival.  Throwing in a Highland Games with chicks in corsets and wench dresses galavanting around- I'm all for it.

Here are my goals for the weekend:

1.  I really want to hot 40' in the Open Stone.  This has eluded me in the past and I feel I've got it this time.
2.  12'+ in the Weight Over Bar.  12' is my PR, so as long as I tie it I'm happy. I haven't had as much single arm Snatch work as I have in the past, so I'm not banking on much improvement.
3.  Caber:  I want to do away with all the 2:00 I've been getting.  Hopefully my form work will have helped correct it.
4.  Sheaf:  I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE SHEAF
5.  56# Weight For Distance:  27'+
6.  28# Weight For Distance:  Still looking for 55'+.  I've thrown over 57' in practice, but I seem to not be able to carry it over to the competition.
7.  Hammer:  I'm not wearing spikes this time as I need more practice with them.  I'm looking to break 70'
8.  Overall I want to see at least 3 PRs in these Games

That is what I expect out of myself for these Games.  I'm gonna drive down to Tampa today and spend some time with my Dad's side of the family before I throw tomorrow.  Should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment