Monday, August 2, 2010

Lifting Hurt

Tired of screwing around with this knee. I decided to just suck it up and get back into it. I had very little time today so I stuck with two big movements. Just personal opinion, accessory work is overrated!!! Too many people try to emphasize the little things in their programming, if they even have programming, and forget that they are there to lift some f'ing weights.

Trap Bar Deadlift (High Bar Position)
225x10
315x6
405x3
added knee wraps
495x3
545x1
555x1

I felt like I could have gone heavier, but wanted to stop when I hit the number I wanted.

Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch
75x5
100x3
110x3
120x2

Went for a 3rd on the Snatch, but was gassed and could not finish the lockout. I was going to do a set at 130, but time ran out and I had my last client for the day.

I gotta get my work schedule down. This 14 hour day shit is for the birds. I need to spend more time with my wife and son as well as get some more sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! :)
    We know you are doing the best you can do! Try not to hurt yourself and I hope your knees feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete